Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Official Countdown Begins

It's The Official Countdown till when I leave.  It starts now, The 1st September.  I'm leaving on the 17th.
Today was the last day of my German lessons, and after multiple hours of slaving over books and listening to my tutor try and teach me pronunciation, I can proudly say I am more than just a beginner.  Which is totally fantastic, as I have just found out I will be attending some school in Berlin.  I'm really excited, I wonder if it's anything like school in Spain.  And I get to see Christine again!!! I'm so excited. :p  I think I already said that.  


On the weekend I attended a goodbye for one of my best Friends Stephie, who is going to school in France for a year. We had dinner at a French Creperie and it was delicious.  All our friends were there and it was an overall good night.  It's sad saying goodbye to someone, but I am following her over to Europe soon, and I'm definitely going to go and visit her in Angers when I am over there :D


I'm slowly documenting my last days here before I leave, a sad yet happy process :D.


I'll start off with the leaving dinner for Stephie, getting ready and the dinner itself.  Getting ready was fun, as I had my new top from Allanah Hill, which was a purchase the previous week.  It was rather an expensive purchase, bu I treated myself after gaining distinction in my grade 8 singing exam :D  The skirt is also new, but somewhat cheaper from Glassons.  And I actually fitted into a size ten.  That's what happens when you stay in a basement without all that much food.  I was really excited.  I had also invested in multiple new makeup items, especially my new Yves Saint Laurent Mascara :D


Getting ready for Stephie's and Dinner


















Yes, I admit, I'm a little vain, but it's been a while since I've gone out, and seeing as it could be my last in this country for a while, I want to document it. Now the dinner.  I didn't take any photos of the food, because my camera wouldn't do it justice.

Stephie and Sophie

Me haha

AJ and Sophie

Stephie, Sophie and Issie

Sophie and Issie

Me, Abby and

Me Abby and Liv


The whole crew.  I'm right at the very very end.

The day after Stephie's I helped my mom to clean out the basement as lots and lots and lots of old crap was just left stranded outside, and the weather hasn't been that great, so she thought that we should move it down to the boat shed, which is actually a decent walk from the house.  Well maybe 200-300 metres, but when you're carrying boxes and wheelbarrows of stuff downhill, it's a long way.  I haven't been in the boat shed for a while, and I thought I would snap some piccies while I was down there.  Also I'm collecting memories for when I'm away, and what better than to take photos of my second home here in Auckland :D  Also I was in the mood for avoiding the somewhat annoying Resident above me, who never stops talking in her uber annoying English accent.  Here's to memories :D

The Old Italian Mansion Next Door

Some Random Flower On The Lower Part Of The Property

The View From Three Quarters Of The Way Down The Path.  

I think the monochrome gives it a somewhat nostalgic feel.  Rather nice.

Flax Overgrown By The Boatshed

The View Over The Wood Shed And The Right Hand Side Of The Boatshed

Sitting Down At The Bottom Of The Path

Moss Plant That Has Grown On The Lower Wall

The Door Into The Boatshed

The View Sitting Down In Colour

The Other Boatshed

The Other Boatshed

The Boatshed

Looking To The Far End Of The Boatshed

Inside The Boatshed 

Looking Up To My Second Home From Down At The Boatshed

There are so many things I'm going to miss, and so many things I'm going to leave behind when I leave, so I'll try and upload some every day.  I have so many things to say goodbye to.  But I'm really excited for what the future holds.  

I'm quite excited. Until tomorrow.
Auf Widersehen.

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment